Welcome to the JB Arts facility!
JB Arts is a unique visual arts facility located in beautiful downtown Almonte, Ontario. It offers more programs for adults and youth under one roof than any other independent art school in Canada: everything from acrylic, oil and watercolour painting to pottery wheel, drawing, sculpting, airbrushing, glass fusing, mold making, puppets and hundreds more!
In addition to our regular programming, we offer a wide range of specialty programs for kids ages 6 and up, as well as Summer and Winter holiday art clubs, PA days and family workshops. We also teach our fantastic programs in elementary schools throughout the Ottawa Valley.
JB Arts is a bright, welcoming space in the heart of Almonte where there is always so much going on! The school serves as a meeting place for creative people to take classes, learn new artistic skills or improve on existing ones, share ideas and inspire each other.
The retail side is colourful and well-stocked. The walls are hung with artwork by local artists. The shelves are full of a wide range of art materials to inspire customers to start their own masterpieces, either in the studio or at home. The friendly, professionally-trained staff are always happy to assist or just visit and chat a for a while. More than just a shop, it is a gathering place for the community and visitors alike.
Who’s Who at JB Arts?
JB Arts is owned by artist and teacher Jeff Banks. He has had a long career in the visual arts, graduating from Sheridan college in 2002. He registered the trade name JB Arts in 2000, and started out teaching at libraries in Oakville, Ontario, until he opened JB Arts there in 2005. He also taught at Algonquin College for 2 years. In addition, he worked at Wallack’s art supply store as a retail manager from 2008-2011, where he became a trained Tri-Art representative.
In addition to Jeff, you will meet Jessica, who manages the retail space as well as being an assistant teacher, program co-ordinator and all-round much needed organizer.
Also on the team is Helper Roz, who teaches some classes, assists Jeff with others, does website and other computer work and helps with the day-to-day running of the studio. She is also happy to make sure students always have a hot cup of tea.
Why Choose JB Arts?
- We offer a huge range of visual art classes and special programs.
- Jeff specializes in teaching beginner and intermediate level students, bringing humour, enthusiasm and positive creativity to every lesson. He teaches everyone that they can succeed at their own pace in art, and gives them the tools and techniques to get there. He always tells students that there is no one ‘correct’ way of doing things, and helps them find the way that works best for them.
- Every class includes all materials, which are of the highest quality (many are artist grade). We even fire our own pottery in-house!
- Jeff’s classes are never cancelled due to size.
- Our staff is experienced and knowledgeable; everyone stands behind what they sell because they use the products themselves!
Since the beginning of his career, Jeff has taught and inspired thousands of aspiring artists, from one-on-one to entire schools. Drop in for a visit or discover us on-line and see what a special place JB Arts is!
Location & Virtual Tour
JB Arts is located in beautiful, historic downtown Almonte; 45 minutes out of downtown Ottawa and 20 minutes from Kanata. There are many things to do in Almonte; most travelers make a day of it. Feel free to call ahead or check on the calendar of events to sign up for a one-day program.
If you would like to take a virtual tour of JB Arts click here. Thank you for visiting and hope to see you soon!